Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Lent 2014
Today is the eve of Ash Wednesday, and another Lenten season. As a "cafeteria Catholic," giving something up for Lent is one of the things I choose to participate in. This year's challenge: Giving up buying makeup, nail polish, clothing and shoes.
I've been somewhat attempting to clean out my closet, and also have been trying to focus on quality vs quantity when buying new items. Which I have been, for the most part, in regards to shoes and purses. But clothes! I love my fast fashion, I can't help it! I love my Forever21 and Target! I've also recently returned from the Philippines and got a bunch (but not too much) of new stuff, and I really, really need to clear out some stuff to make room. This no-buy should also help me to keep new clutter out, because I badly need to declutter. And to repaint. Sigh. One step at a time.
So that's it. Welcome to my grown up blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment